Admission to Iowa's Master of Public Affairs (MPAff) requires an undergraduate degree in any major and fulfillment of the minimum requirements of the Graduate College. Prospective students should submit complete materials to Graduate Admissions.
- Application deadlines
- By March 1, 2020 if funding is requested.
Funding for those who submit materials after March 1st will be considered only as funding permits.
- Applications are accepted until:
July 15th for domestic students
April 15th for international students
- Apply online and upload all supporting materials:
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose
- Resume or CV
- Unofficial academic records/transcripts
- GRE scores (encouraged but not required)
- International students without a U.S. degree or whose first language is not English must submit official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS scores before admission and funding decisions can be made.
If you have questions regarding admissions, please contact us:
School of Planning and Public Affairs
The University of Iowa
347 Jessup Hall
Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1316