When applying for a position, you may be asked to submit a writing sample.
- The potential employer may only read 1-2 pages but it's fine to include something longer
- Sending a writing sample that includes graphics you created can be an excellent way of showing your ability to explain information in a quick, easy to read way.
Any of these documents would be appropriate:
- An assignment completed while a graduate student
- Incorporate changes to perfect it before sending
- Technical memo or a policy memo for public affairs students
- Professional letter, especially if it conveys something that was difficult to say to the recipient
- City plan or part of a plan
- Field Problems or capstone report
- If sending the entire report, point out the part you contributed and the page numbers
- Could send an executive summary as the sample but include entire report for reference