Name: Cesar Perez
Originally from: Aurora, IL
Degree: Combined master's degrees in Public Affairs and Higher Education and Student Affairs
Graduating class: 2023
Cesar Perez is a second year student pursuing combined master's degrees in Public Affairs along with Higher Education Student Services (HESA) in the Department of Educational Policy and Leadership Studies. Cesar completed a bachelors degree in Psychology at UI. Here are some fun facts about Cesar:
- One of his favorite classes has been Economics for Policy Analysis. Cesar says, “While it was a challenging course, since I have never taken an economics class before it really opened my eyes on different ways to think about public policy.”
- He currently works with First Gen Hawks on campus to support first generation students as they navigate their first year at the University of Iowa.
- During his internship in summer 2022, Cesar will be learning about university accreditation policies and procedures and how they impact institutional practices.
- Cesar’s advice to prospective graduate students is to enjoy your time at UI. Sometimes graduate school might seem like a lot, but everyone is in the same boat.
- His favorite part of the being in the School of Planning and Public Affairs is how much knowledge everyone has. He loves learning and everyone in the school constantly has so much information to share.
- His favorite things to do in Iowa City are hang out with his friends, go to Big Grove Brewery, and study at local coffee shops.